Hi. I’m Aderyn.
I’m a writer from Asheville, NC, and have lived in the Blue Ridge for over twenty years. I love anything dark, heart-wrenching, and atmospheric, and my work reflects it. I’ve led writing workshops, worked in an indie bookstore, and sling coffee as my day job. At current, I’m revising a 110k contemporary fantasy in the vein of Brenna Yovanoff’s THE SPACE BETWEEN and Emily A. Duncan’s WICKED SAINTS.
- I was a 2018 Pitch Wars mentee! Interview here.
- Trauma is #ownvoices territory & I write about it frequently. As an agender demisexual, most of my characters tend to be LGBTQIA+, too.
- Horror is my jam. Creepy, spooky, atmospheric horror. Please smother everything in it.
Beyond writing, books, and film, here a few more favorites:
- Dark stories. There are more than a few essays on this ol’ blog about the ones that truly capture my interest.
- Horror podcasts. At current, Old Gods of Appalachia and The Magnus Archive are my favorites.
- Music. I have loads of writing playlists on 8tracks.
- Philosophy. I love anything that questions the nature of reality, what it means to be human, and why we exist.
- Psychology. I hold a Bachelors of Science in Psychology with a counseling emphasis. Trauma psychology in particular is close to my heart, so you’ll see elements of it in everything I write.
- Still curious? I have an FAQ here.